Participants will discuss strategies and timelines to effectively consolidate the gains achieved for a more open, transparent and inclusive selection process in selecting next Secretary-Generals. Discussion points are as follows:
- What is a sound strategy to ensure the new elements will be consolidated for future selections in a resolution?
- What are the most crucial elements to be preserved?
- What is the best means to address each of these issues?
- Which of them require in-depth discussion?
- What is a good time frame to address them?
- Does application of the new process to an incumbent UNSG seeking re-selection require in depth discussion and if so how?
- Should some of the ethical issues be addressed or included in a Code of Conduct?
Click here to view the draft agenda
For further information and to RSVP by 21 May 2018, please contact Permanent Mission of Estonia to the UN, by email: email@example.com or by telephone at: 646 514 0080